Table of Contents
As a broker for employers who want to provide plans for vision health in OKC and other cities, one of the keys to achieving growth is to rethink the way you offer value. In this three-part series, we’ll discuss different ways of offering more value. We’ll start with going beyond selling products and positioning yourself as a long-term partner for success.
With the right approach in place, you’ll get more repeat sales and help employers upgrade their benefits package more often.
Position yourself as a long-term partner with employers promoting vision health in OKC and nationwide
As a broker, see how you can grow your business by positioning yourself as a long-term partner who can support business goals.
Support independent research
Your role begins early in the buying journey. For most businesses, independent research is one of the key steps before a purchase. It’s crucial to support this step by offering the right information in a format that works for prospects.
Educational content that answers all the major questions clients have when researching plans will set you up as an expert. Options include blog posts, explainer videos, infographics and podcasts.
Make the first connection
As prospects continue to research benefits, they will seek more complex content. You can deliver this new level of detail via a webinar. It’s also a great way to gather first-party data you can use to keep delivering more educational content and offer a custom experience.
Plus, you can hold a Q&A session at the end to get to know prospects. This is a good time to share some advice and present yourself as their go-to benefits expert for vision health in OKC or your home area. You can also tailor your approach to other markets.
Focus on pain points
The Great Resignation is affecting so many industries that most prospects are likely to struggle with hiring and keeping workers. You can set yourself apart from other brokers with the following strategy:
- Ask questions to find the pain point the client needs to solve, whether it’s hiring, retention or other issues specific to their industry.
- Select the best solution for the unique pain points the prospects have expressed.
- Clearly connect the features of this plan or package with these pain points and show how specific features will solve the problem.
Stay in touch
As a long-term partner for growth, you need to stay in touch with existing clients. Instead of reaching out when the time to renew a plan or package comes, maintain contact and offer to help clients reassess their needs at regular times.
Here are a few methods you can use:
- Ask about the client’s growth goals, especially in areas like hiring. The answer can give you a time frame for when the client will be ready to upgrade their benefits package.
- Connect on LinkedIn and other social media platforms to track company events that could result in new needs.
- Schedule calls to check-in and ask if the current plan or package still fits the company’s needs.
Grow your portfolio
Establish yourself as a company’s go-to benefits broker with a portfolio that addresses a wide range of needs.
It will be easier to help clients achieve their long-term goals if you can offer solutions that will grow with them. For instance, offering self-funded plans can help you cater to the changing needs of an organization that keeps growing.
Achieve your goals with VCD
VCD offers flexible and affordable plans for vision health in OKC and nationwide. We also believe in supporting strategic efforts to help brokers grow their businesses. Stay tuned for Part 2 with more tips for rethinking how you offer value!